Guilt Free Friday: Clean Honey Lemon Bars (Gluten Free!)
May is Spring into Fitness Month here at BCL. To celebrate, we’re sharing recipes and fitness tips all month long to help you feel better and more productive, and get ready for all the summer fun coming your way. Today is Guilt Free Friday! You’ve worked hard all week both in the office and at home. Why not treat yourself to this guilt-free dessert?
Clean Honey Lemon Bars
Originally published on oatmealwithafork.com by Lauren
Serves 12. Calories: 125 Fat: 4.7 g Saturated fat: 1 g Unsaturated fat: 3.7 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 17.8 g Sugar: 8.6 g Sodium: 82 mgFiber: 1.5 g Protein: 3.8 g Cholesterol: 55 mg
1 1/2 cup oats, measured then ground into flour
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or another natural granulated sugar)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil (melted, if using coconut oil)
4-5 tablespoons cold water
1 tablespoon lemon zest
6 tablespoons lemon juice
5 tablespoons raw honey
pinch sea salt
1/2 cup oats, measured then ground into flour
scant 1/4 teaspoons powdered stevia extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Mix together the ground oats, coconut sugar, and salt.
3. Mix the oil into the dry mix (it should look “pebbly”)
4. Mix in enough water to make a non-sticky dough
5. In a well-oiled 8×8 baking dish, press the dough into the bottom of the dish
6. Bake the base for 12 minutes, allow to cool while you make the filling.
7. Beat eggs with the rest of the filling ingredients until a smooth batter is formed (it will be very runny, but don’t fret!)
8. Pour the batter atop the cooled crust.
12. Bake for 20 minutes.
13. Cool completely, cut, and serve!