BCL’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan
We’ve been doing a lot here at Brooklyn Creative League to keep our community and the NYC community at large, safe. We’ve updated our Enhanced Safety Policies for safe coworking to follow the public health recommendations and will continue to evaluate our policies.
For more info, please read our FAQs.
BCL’s COVID-19 Operational Plan
This plan is based on the best science and public health information available to us. It was created with guidance from Cornell University, the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), the EPA, and OSHA. Given the evolving nature of the threat, this Plan is a living document, and we will be updating it as new science and public health information becomes available.
Drawing on the best guidance available, our plan focuses on two broad areas:
- Design and operational changes. This includes overall space configuration to support social distancing, changes to common areas, single-serving condiments for lounges, increased ventilation, touchless features, and enhanced cleaning/sanitation practices.
- Behavioral expectations. All members of the BCL community–staff, members, and guests–will be expected to abide by new guidelines for social distancing and community well-being. These guidelines include cleaning in and out of shared resources (meeting rooms, phone booths, lounge areas) and high-touch surfaces; maintaining social distancing; wearing a mask per BCL’s guidelines; and disclosing any illness or exposure to COVID-19. We will also be implementing extensive signage to explain and reinforce expectations.
To support the BCL community, we’ve compiled a round-up of resources from trusted sources, as well as crowd-sourced from our members. Have additional resources you want to share with us? Email Neil or Erin.
Business, Loan & Financial Resources:
Many small businesses are eligible for loans and support under the federal government’s CARES Act, as well as local actions. Here are resources to help you get started.
- NY State Department of Labor Shared Work Program
- NYC Paid Safe and Sick Law Leave FAQs
- New York City Council (City Council District 39/Assembly District 44) Small Business Loan Fund
- NY State Department of Labor – What You Need to Know and Do About the CARES Act
- US Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses: Emergency Relief Explained
- Goldman Sachs Small Business Resource Center
- Pursuit Lending COVID-19 Resource Center (Community Development Financial Institution) – A designated lender for CARES Act
- S Small Business Administration – COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- S Small Business Administration – Paycheck Protection Program
- Facebook is offering $100 million in cash grants and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses in over 30 countries
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund makes it possible for LISC to begin offering critical relief and resiliency-building support to small businesses facing immediate financial threat.
- Google Small Business Resource Center
- US Bank Resources for small businesses
- Business for All and Hello Alice resources for small businesses
- EnrichHER Funding lending program
- SheaMoisture Fund to Support Small Minority & Women of Color Businesses
- Forbes: Small Business Relief Tracker
NYC Community and Non-Profit Resources:
Whether you’re a non-profit or you’re looking for community resources, our members have had great suggestions on ways to take action in these uncertain times.
- Office of the Mayor NYC Nonprofit Business Continuity Guidance – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQ for Contracted Health and Human Service Providers
- Robin Hood COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Mutual Aid NYC Response
- ioby’s fundraising platform, coaches & sponsorship tools can help your community respond & recover
- ioby: Community Care during COVID-19
- Advocacy Institute: Resources for advocacy during COVID-19
- Gowanus Dredgers Canoe Club: Directory of local Gowanus businesses to support
- Gender Equality Law Center: GELC is a resource to answer questions about wage replacement benefits and paid sick and family leave. Confidential hotline number: 888-833-4363. Email: email@example.com.
Creative and Cultural Resources:
And if you’re at home and looking for ways to spark your creativity and support our local institutions, here are some programs being offered for free by our NYC stalwarts.
Matthew ThurmondCo-Artistic Director / Kids Unlimited Institute of the Arts
“BCL is probably one of the most conscientious, safest public places I’ve visited. I’m more comfortable at BCL than any other space aside from home.”