May is Spring into Fitness Month here at BCL. To celebrate, we're sharing recipes and fitness tips all month long to help you feel better and more productive, and get ready for all the summer fun coming your way. Monday is Meal Prep day, try this delicious and healthy recipe for your lunch this week!
Salmon Buddha Bowl
Originally published at spoonuniversity.com by Jenna Butz
1 cup spinach
1 baby sweet pepper
4 grape tomatoes
1/3 cup cucumbers
1/4 cup carrots cut in long strips
1/2 cup frozen edamame
1 cup rice noodles
1 salmon filet, skin removed
Ginger and sesame salad dressing
1) Start boiling water in two pots for the egg and noodles.
2) While the water is starting to boil, grease a pan and start cooking salmon on medium heat. Flip the salmon once it is cooked halfway through.
3) Once water in both pots is boiling, add egg to one and turn down to medium heat. Cook the egg for 10 minutes.
4) In the other pot, add rice noodles for two to three minutes.
5) Drain noodles and place in a bowl in the refrigerator to cool.
6) While the egg and salmon are cooking, rinse and cut vegetables. Place in bowl.
7) Cook frozen edamame in a microwave safe bowl with a little water in the bottom for 3 minutes.
8) Remove edamame from pod and add to salad.
9) Drain hot water from egg, then peel, slide and add egg to salad.
10) Add chilled rice noodles on top of salad.
11) Cut salmon and add to salad.
12) Drizzle with your desired amount of dressing.
Hey BCL, Jenni here! Here's a recipe with a million different possible variations. Because I'm not eating carbs, I will omit carrots, edamame and rice noodles in favor of way more spinach. I might add some avocado or sauteed kale as well. I love crispy salmon skin, so I'm going to leave mine on. Have fun experimenting with your Buddha bowls!